- JR Meeker, HH Burris, MR Boland. An Algorithm to Identify Residential Mobility from Electronic Health Record Data. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2021; In press.
2. JR Meeker, SP Canelon, R Bai, LD Levine, MR Boland. Individual- and Neighborhood-Level Risk Factors for Severe Maternal Morbidity. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2021; In press.
3. L Davidson, MR Boland. Towards Deep Phenotyping Pregnancy: A Systematic Review on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Methods to Improve Pregnancy Outcomes. Briefings in Bioinformatics. 2020; In press
4. S Canelon, HH Burris, LD Levine, MR Boland. Development and Evaluation of MADDIE: Method to Acquire Delivery Date Information from Electronic Health Records. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2020. In press.5. L Davidson, MR Boland. Enabling Pregnant Women and their Physicians to Make Informed Medication Decisions Using Artificial Intelligence. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics 2020; In Press.
1. S Tadlock, C Phillips, ML Casal, MC Kraus, AR Gelzer, MR Boland. Development of an Informatics Algorithm to Link Seasonal Infectious Diseases to Birth-Dependent Diseases Across Species: A Casey Study with Osteosarcoma. AMIA Informatics Summit 2021; In press.2. MR Boland, J Liu, C Balocchi, JR Meeker, R Bai, I Mellis, D Mowery, D Herman. A Method to Link Neighborhood-Level Covariates to COVID-19 Infection Patterns in Philadelphia Using Spatial Regression. AMIA Informatics Summit 2021; In press.3. O Wetherbee, J Meeker, C DeVoto, T Penning, J Moore, MR Boland. WellExplorer: An Integrative Resource Linking Hydraulic Fracturing Chemicals with Targeted Proteins, Hormonal Pathways and Geographic Location. Database. 2020; In press.4. S Canelon, MR Boland. A Systematic Literature Review on Factors Affecting the Timing of Menarche: Potential for Climate Change to Impact Women's Health. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020. In press5. MR Boland, M Fieder, LH John, P Rijnbeek, S Huber. Female Reproductive Performance and Maternal Birth Month: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Exploring Multiple Seasonal Mechanisms. Scientific Reports. 2020; 10:555.6. R Bai, GE Moran, J Antonelli, Y Chen*, MR Boland*. Spike-and-Slab Group Lassos for Grouped Regression and Sparse Generalized Additive Models. Journal of American Statistical Association (JASA) Applications. 2020; In Press. *Joint Senior Author7. MR Boland, NP Tatonetti Attention Deficit–Hyperactivity Disorder and Month of School Enrollment. NEJM 2019;380(7):692-693.
1. S Tadlock, C Phillips, ML Casal, MC Kraus, AR Gelzer, MR Boland. Development of an Informatics Algorithm to Link Seasonal Infectious Diseases to Birth-Dependent Diseases Across Species: A Casey Study with Osteosarcoma. AMIA Informatics Summit 2021; In press.
2. MR Boland, J Liu, C Balocchi, JR Meeker, R Bai, I Mellis, D Mowery, D Herman. A Method to Link Neighborhood-Level Covariates to COVID-19 Infection Patterns in Philadelphia Using Spatial Regression. AMIA Informatics Summit 2021; In press.
Disambiguating Meaning from Clinical Notes and Informatics Methods
1. A Kashyap, H Burris, C Callison-Burch, MR Boland. The CLASSE GATOR (CLinical Acronym SenSE disambiGuATOR): A Method for Predicting Acronym Sense from Neonatal Clinical Notes. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2020. In press.
2. MR Boland, ML Casal, M Kraus, AR Gelzer. Applied Veterinary Informatics: Development of a Semantic and Domain-Specific Method to Construct a Canine Data Repository. Scientific Reports. 2019; 9: 18641.
3. MR Boland, S Alar-Gupta, L Levine, P Gabriel, G Gonzalez. Disease Associations Depend on Visit Type: Results from a Visit-Wide Association Study. BioData Mining. 2019; In press.4. R Duan, C Luo, MJ Schuemie, J Tong, JC Liang, HH Chang, MR Boland, J Bian, H Xu, JH Holmes, CB Forrest, SC Morton, JA Berlin, JH Moore, KB Mahoney, Y Chen. Learning from local to global-an efficient distributed algorithm for modeling time-to-event data. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2020. In press
5. J Moore, MR Boland, P Camara, G Gonzalez, B Himes, D Mowery, M Ritchie, L Shen, R Urbanowicz, J Holmes. Preparing next generation scientists for biomedical big data: Artificial intelligence approaches. Personalized Medicine. 2019
6. R Duan, MR Boland*, JH Moore, Y Chen. ODAL: A one-shot distributed algorithm to perform logistic regressions on electronic health records data from multiple clinical sites. In Press at 2019 Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing. *Equal-contribution first-author